2014 Fontanafredda Barolo75cl
This product is not available in United States.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
Description of 2014 Fontanafredda Barolo
2014 Fontanafredda Barolo (Nebbiolo)
- View: Intense garnet red with brick-colored reflections.
- Nose: Intense and decisive bouquet, with notes of vanilla, dried rose, undergrowth and spices.
- Mouth: Flavor warm and harmonious, full and velvety, persistent. Final long.
DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN: Barolo
GRAPES: 100% Nebbiolo
AGING: 24 months in Slavonian oak barrels and central France. Next bottle aging, never less than 12 months.
PREPARATION: Fermentation in stainless steel vats, with a duration of 10-12 days at a controlled temperature of 30-31 ° C. Then the must remains on the skins for a few days.
MATCHING: Pasta, red meats, game, strong cheeses.
ALCOHOL: 13.5% Vol.
How to serve
The Fontanafredda estate is located in the municipality of Serralunga d'Alba, the heart of the Barolo production area, and covers an area of over 100 hectares. An important story, which brings us back to the figures of King Vittorio Emanuele II and his year, Rosa Vercellana, better known as "la Bela Rosin". Company faithful to the rule of directly producing wines, especially Barolo, and sparkling wines that bear the mark on the bottle.More about the Winery
Reviews of 2014 Fontanafredda Barolo
- This is a wine to match with rich foods and game dishes.
- Ideal with rich red meats and with medium ormature cheeses it is perfect as an after dinner wine.
- 100% Nebbiolo.
I recommend to pair it with appetizers.
I drank this Fontanafredda Barolo once with my coworkers.
Red base colour with violet hints. Fantastic berry aromas. As I'm not really a fan of red wine, I noticed a plane taste on the palate.