2009 Sidónio de Sousa Garrafeira Old Vines
Sidónio de Sousa (Beiras)
Product not available in United States
$43.64 + $5.75 Shipping (5 days)
Shipping: Enovinho (Portugal)
$ You will receive 0.51 points for each unit bought
Description · Sidónio de Sousa
2009 Sidónio de Sousa Garrafeira Old Vines (Baga)
- View: Intense red color with purple tints.
- Nose: Aromas of ripe black fruit and a touch of licorice.
- Mouth: intense and full-bodied flavors with balanced acidity and tannins persistent palate.
VINEYARD: Sidónio de Sousa.
AGEING: This wine is aged in French oak barrels for 8 months.
PREPARATION: The grape variety Baga macerated and fermented in traditional wooden tanks, at warm temperatures of 26-28 °C, without yeast and presence of stems. traditional grapes are then pressed and the product in French oak barrels aged for 8 months. After this process the wine is stabilized and bottled unfiltered.
PAIRING: soft goat cheese, white meat, game birds, steamed vegetables, pasta white sauces, risottos.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%
Sidónio de Sousa
Buy Sidónio de Sousa Wine:
Highlighted review about 2009 Sidónio de Sousa Garrafeira Old Vines
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Sidónio de Sousa Garrafeira Old Vines 2009
Intense fruit aromas of the grape, full bodied and concentrated, soft and persistent tannins with a long aftertaste that anticipates a long life.
- Winemaker: Paulo Sousa
- Winemaking: This is the last harvest of the centenary vineyard of Figueira da Costa. Vinified using traditional methods in small press without yeasts and enzymes, fermented with stems.
- Grape Varieties: Baga.
- Food Pairing: Good to accompany white meat dishes, pastas, salads and soft cheeses.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serve at a temperature of 16°C to 18ºC.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Sidónio de Sousa Garrafeira Old Vines 2011
Pretty cherry colour, medium opacity. Fantastic berry aromas. Quite sweet.
Reviews about Sidónio de Sousa Garrafeira Old Vines 2005
Red colour followed by reddish brown. Slight smell of tea in this Bairrada . A taste of nothing in particular just wine.