Penny Packer

Penny Packer (Bourbon)

Product not available in United States

$13.60 + $5.69 Shipping (48h - 3 days)

$13.60/unit

Shipping: GrauOnline (Spain)

$ You will receive 0.16 points for each unit bought

View more prices »

The Penny Packer ($13.60) is a bourbon produced by Penny Packer with roots in United States. The Drinks&Co community values the Penny Packer with 3,9 of 5 points.
You will like to know that...

Penny Packer is a Kentucky bourbon that was first developed in the 1970s as a brand that was specifically for export. This American whisky was finally sold in the US market in May 2013. The distillery for Penny Packer is in Bardstown, Kentucky, USA and the maize for its production is all homegrown from the area surrounding the distillery.

This straight bourbon whiskey is made according to the American bourbon law, meaning that it is aged for a minimum of three years in American white oak casks. But, let us not get ahead of ourselves. Before the cask ageing comes the maize (another name for corn), rye, and barley. The recipe calls for 70% corn while the rye and barley fill in the remaining 30%. This is all put through continuous distillation to ensure that the final product has the perfect character and is of high quality.

Penny Packer is a light, young bourbon that is perfect for sipping. It can be enjoyed neat, on the rocks, with water, or mixed into cocktails. Penny Packer does what its name says, it packs a lot of flavour into a bourbon that will not break the bank. An affordable bourbon that also tastes great is a combination that is hard to come by.

Technical sheet · Penny Packer

Category:Bourbon (Spirits)
Producer: Penny Packer
Volume: 70cl
Country: United States

Description · Penny Packer

Penny Packer

TASTING NOTES:

  • Colour: This drink has the traditional amber-yellow colouring of most bourbons.
  • Aroma: On the nose, this beverage smells sweeter than the average whisky, even though it is not a liqueur. Some of the primary scents include that of apples, yeast, caramel and butter.
  • Taste: On the tongue, apple flavours, just like on the nose, continue to stand out. The caramel flavour also adds a touch of sweetness. However, a new element of oak spices add zest to the drink. It may burn the back of the throat a little as it goes down, leaving a warm, sweet, and smokey aftertaste.

PRODUCER: While Penny Packer is made in a distillery in Kentucky, and from ingredients sources and grown in the area, it is bottled in sold by the German company, Borco. This company has been in business since the mid-1900s. Today, the company sells rum, tequila, vodka, and whisky all over the world.

COUNTRY: USA

PRODUCTION DETAILS: Penny Packer is made from three kinds of grain. Corn makes up 70% of the grain, while rye and barely make up the remaining 30%. The water used in the distillation process is naturally sourced from Kentucky spring water. The process used to distill the bourbon is called the "continuous distillation method." The whisky is then aged in new charred American oak barrels. This accounts for both the oak spices and the caramel-like sweetness. Borco does not tell us how long the drink is aged for, only that it takes several years before the drink is bottled and sold.

ALCOHOL: 40%

Penny Packer

Buy Penny Packer Spirits:

Reviews

Highlighted review about Penny Packer

Posted on at 04.40

4/5

Penny Packer

- ALCOHOL: 40º
read complete

More reviews about Penny Packer

Anonymous

Posted on at 08.28

5/5

Very good
read complete
Anonymous

Posted on at 09.54

4.5/5

Penny Packer Bourbon

As expected - 40% by vol
read complete

Posted on at 13.55

2/5

Cuenta la leyenda...

In the dark taverns Penny Packer Kentucky Bourbon use this to clean up bars. . . Terribly artificial flavors, no characterless and bland as I could try. . .
read complete
View more reviews about Penny Packer »

Summary of ratings

(4 reviews)
  • 5 stars
    2
  • 4 stars
    1
  • 3 stars
    0
  • 2 stars
    1
  • 1 star
    0
Your rating:
Drinks&Co's rating:

3.9/5

Based on 4 comments »