Château Cantenac Brown
- Lieu-dit Margaux
- Cantenac (ZIP Code 33460)
- Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
- 33 (0)5 57 88 81
- 33(0)5 57 88 81 90
At the beginning of the 19th century, John-Lewis Brown (1769-1851), acquired a domain and chose to build on the commune of Cantenac a castle of English Renaissance style (Tudor) which will remind him of his Scottish origins. His name will remain forever attached to the Grand Cru Classé. His grandson, John-Lewis Brown (1829-1890), famous animal painter and Knight of the Legion of Honor, also stayed there as a child.
In 1843, the property was sold to Mr. Gromard, banker of his estate. It is the Bordeaux merchant and owner of several castles in Médoc, Louis Armand Lalande (1820-1894), which will enlarge and enrich the building after the classification of 1855. Surrounded by a remarkable English park, the property is since then among the most original of the Medoc.
The management of the vineyard has become more respectful of the environment: the "reasoned struggle" (Qualified) is obvious.
The vine is neat throughout the year and yields are perfectly controlled.
The fertilizations are balanced, moderate according to the needs of the plant and only of vegetable origin.
This concern for nature has prompted the Château Cantenac Brown team to maintain traditional soil maintenance methods that promote the physical, chemical and biological properties of the earth.
Type Of Wine
Château Cantenac Brown wines