Château Croizet-Bages

Château Croizet-Bages

9 Rue du Port de la Verrerie
Pauillac (ZIP Code 33250)
(+33) 581 042 056
(+33) 557 887 188

During the first half of the 18th century, the Croizet brothers, one a court clerk and the other a lawyer, acquired a number of small parcels of their neighbours' vines, finally building a remarkable wine property in southern Pauillac. They played an active role in the local government until the Revolution, and then sold the property to Jean de Puyterac from Gascony. Two years before the 1855 classification, a Bordelais called Julien Calvé bought the chateau, when it became known as Calvé-Croizet in Bages.

In 1855, it became known as Chateau Croiset-Bages, and was classified as a fifth growth. After the first world war, it was bought by the American Jean-Baptiste Monnot, owner of the famous Klaxon brand, who kept the property until 1942, when it was bought by Paul Quié, a wine merchant from Bercy (the centre of the Parisian wine trade at the time) who followed his father into the profession. Since 1968, his son Jean-Michel has taken charge of the property, and is assisted today by his children, by Jean Louis Camp, oenologist and technical director, Lucien Cintrat, vineyard manager, and Philippe Dorbessan, cellar master.

Château Croizet-Bages: Drinks&Co recommends you

Top Sales - Buy recommended Products of Château Croizet-Bages



Type Of Wine

Wine's Country


Robert Parker