• Ship to:
Château Lynch Bages

Château Lynch Bages

Château Lynch-Bages
Pauillac (ZIP Code 33250)
(+33) 556 732 400
(+33) 556 592 642

At the gates of Pauillac, the Lynch-Bages Estate owns part of its name to the ancient village of Bages, which for centuries was home to generations of winemakers.

The area of "Batges" is mentioned as early back as the sixteenth century in the terriers (estate records) of Lafite. The vineyard was established and then expanded by the Déjean family, one with a lineage of Pauillac dignitaries, solicitors, judges, and merchants. Its great wine history began in the eighteenth century when, in 1728, it became the property of Chevalier Pierre Drouillard, Treasurer General of Guyenne, who purchased it from Bernard Déjean. Upon his death in 1749, Pierre Drouillard bequeathed the estate to his daughter, Elizabeth, who was then the wife of Thomas Lynch. The property thus passed into the Lynch family for seventy-five years.

In 1824, known as the "Cru de Lynch", the property was sold to Sébastien Jurine, a wine merchant from Geneva who recently had moved to Bordeaux. Under the stewardship of his young son, André-Louis, the winery was classified among the Cinquièmes Crus in the prestigious 1855 Classification.

In 1862, "Jurine Bages" was sold to the Cayrou brothers who restored the estate's name, which has remained unchanged ever since as "Lynch-Bages".

Two generations later, the château was still in the hands of a member of the Cayrou family, General Félix de Vial. In the 1930s, he leased the vineyard to Jean-Charles Cazes, who was already in charge of Château Ormes de Pez in Saint-Estèphe. Cazes would go on to purchase both properties on the eve of the Second World War. Lynch-Bages has been run by the Cazes family ever since.

Top Sales - Buy recommended Products of Château Lynch Bages



Type Of Wine

Wine's Country


Robert Parker