The Louis Roederer Vintage of Louis Roederer: a sparkling wine from Champagne that contains pinot noir, pinot meunier and chardonnay grapes. 4 of 5 points is the average score of this sparkling according to Drinks&Co users.
“- Golden yellow with soft amber tints and a bright, gentle sparkle.
- The subtle bouquet reveals spring-like notes of fresh citrus fruits, smoky mineral aromas and hints of lightly toasted almonds. The wine has a talc-like chalkiness and is both soft and full-bodied, with a silky mouthfeel and a long finish.
- The 2012 vintage displays the minerality of the Pinot Noirs grown in the Verzy and Verzenay vineyards.
- The blend is 70% Pinot Noir and 30% Chardonnay, with 37% of the wine vinified in oak tuns with weekly bâtonnage (stirring by hand); it is not subjected to malolactic fermentation. The Vintage cuvée is aged, on average, for four years in Louis Roederer's cellars and left for six months after dégorgement (disgorging) to attain optimal maturity. The dosage is 9 g/l.”
“Vintage Champagne Louis Roederer comes from grapes from the prestigious region of the Mountain of Reims, in the heart of the AOC Champagne. It is made from Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. collected and selected only by hand. After the traditional winemaking process, for part carried out in oak barrels, the second fermentation takes place according to Metodo Classico, for fermentation in the bottle, with a refinement of about 4 years on its lees followed by a period of 6 months in bottle following disgorgement. Champagne Louis Roederer Vintage is characterized by a bright golden yellow color and a fine and persistent. The nose opens with fruity aromas of peach and ripe pear, citrus and dried fruits, accompanied by elegant mineral notes. The palate is broad and juicy, with floral notes and hints of ripe white fruit, enhanced by hints of bitter chocolate, candied fruit and toast. The finish is long and persistent, pleasant freshness and minerality. This Champagne is perfect with grilled fish and refined dishes of white meat.”
“- "An intense and powerful wine demonstrating great aromatic evolution.
It is a real cocktail of nuts, spices and ripe fruit.
There are also some notes of chocolate chip cookies with toasted nuances.
The texture is full, generous and warm.
Due to the maturity of heat this year, on the palate the wine is rich, dense and structured with great length and elegance. "
“- Bright golden yellow with bright green hues and a delicate ascending mousse
- hints of apples, biscuit and a hint of white chocolate, the reverberation a touch of orange zest
- In the mouth opulent and complex with a structured fullness, delicate interplay of fruit and acidity and a fine reverberation of fresh bread dough
- Absolutely elegant and refreshing - for big moments! Allergens: contains sulfites”
“A quest for perfection spanning two centuries. The cuvées of the House of Louis Roederer are the fruit of patient work with fundamental ingredients, the collaboration of experts, a quest for the perfect balance, and hardy and generous grapes, cultivated in the Champagne soil, producing a wine with a summery character and crystalline elegance.”