Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs
G.H. Mumm (Champagne)
Product not available in United States
$63.13 + $10.23 Shipping (48h - 4 days)
Shipping: Odyssée-Vins (France)
$ You will receive 0.73 points for each unit bought
Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs is a sublime champagne, the result of the perfection in production processes achieved by G.H. Mumm.
As Maison herself states, it is a champagne in the elaboration of which 'nothing has been left to chance'.
It was created in 1982, according to the tradition of Champagne and with an exclusive selection of Chardonnay grapes from the Cramant terroir only. Produced in limited quantities, its bottle is distinguished by its thin neck that allows the wine to evolve more slowly.
In the past, this fine champagne was only produced for friends of the house, and every delivery had to be made in person. As proof of delivery by hand, the bottle was accompanied by a business card to which one of the corners was folded. A small detail, which does nothing but add charm to Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs .
Technical sheet · Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
2015 3 Stars Coup De Coeur - Le Guide Hachette des Vins
2014 Bronze Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards
2016 Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge
2015 Silver Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
Description · G.H. Mumm
Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs (Chardonnay)
- View: Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs has a soft yellow, bright and pure. The bubbles, light and fragile, culminating in a fine creamy foam.
- Nose: On the nose, it smells of white flowers, fresh fruit and lemon. A youth of aromas mingle fresh notes and elegant.
- Taste: after fresh fruit flavors and lemon, grapefruit and discovered notes of kumquat. The gentle effervescence fills the mouth and then let it express the greatness of chardonnay.
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 9 º C-12 º C
PAIRING: ideal for aperitif. Also accompanies fish and seafood, for example, a carpaccio of scallops, a lobster with crunchy vegetables or even hot oysters.
WINEMAKING: Aged at least three to five years depending on the cuvées in the cellars of the House
WINERY:G. H. Mumm
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay.
For nearly two centuries, the House of G.H. Mumm has been shaped by the strongly held values that still form an integral part of its identity today. The history of the House reads like an adventure driven by the passion and courage of its founders. Exploring and travelling the world over in...
Buy G.H. Mumm Wine:
Highlighted review about Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs
Posted on 14/03/18 at 10.59
Mumm Blanc de Blancs
More reviews about Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
Mumm Blanc de Blancs
- To the eye, Mumm De Cramant Blanc de Blancs appears luminous, pale yellow with hints of green. Light, delicate bubbles create a fine, creamy mousse.
- It has the aroma of white flowers, fresh fruit and lemon mingled with fresh and elegant notes.
- Fresh and elegant on the palate, Cramant boasts crisp lime, lemon and grapefruit flavours with 'meltin-the-mouth' bubbles. The finish is graceful and lingering.
- In 1882, the House of G. H. MUMM acquired vines in Cramant, one of the finest growing areas on the Cote des Blancs. Its chalky soil lends itself to the cultivation of Chardonnay grapes so fine as to make a wine from a single grape variety. Born of a single variety and a single vineyard, for a long time the vintage was set aside for friends of the House. In keeping with the etiquette of the time, it was handed over in person , accompanied by a carefully folded visiting card.
- The name, the old-style bottle, the label with its folded corner . . . All these are reminders of this wine's special place in the history of the House of G. H. Mumm.
- As the pure expression of a terroir distilled through the expertise of the House, this wine is distinctive in a multitude of ways. Made with a single grape variety from a single vineyard, it also perpetuates the Champagne's 'demi-mousse' tradition. This type of champagne possesses a delicate effervescence, because its pressure is lower than that of other champagnes (4. 5 bar). The low dosage (6g/l) is also attuned with the mineral purity of its character.
Posted on 10/02/20 at 10.52
In 1875, Georges Hermann Mumm made a decision that would change the destiny of his champagne. In honor of his prestigious clients, they are decorating the bottleneck of her red silk ribbon gross harvest. A tribute to the highest honors, the Royal Order of St. Louis and the Grand Cordon of the Legion of Honor, large official awards finals. The vineyards of the House G. H. Mumm covers about 218 hectares. Heavily dominated by Pinot Noir (78%), especially of Reims, which also extends Grand Cru Chardonnay Cramant and Avize in Côte des Blancs and Marne valley has produced mainly Pinot millers.
Posted on 07/02/19 at 13.41
Mumm de Cramant
- View: Champagne Mumm de Cramant Blanc de Blancs has an intense and fine bubble golden color.
- Nose: Noted for its delicate aroma of fresh fruit and white flowers.
- Mouth: The palate is very fresh, light and complex with notes of lemon.
TEMPERATURE: 9-12 ° C
PAIRING: Ideal for seafood and fish.
DEGREE OF ALCOHOL: 12.5%
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay