2004 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame75cl
This product is not available in United States.
Take a look at the options we can offer you.
You will like to know that…
Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2004 keeps the promises that only the great champagnes can fulfill. It is incredibly pure and fresh, with a fruity, refined and complex character that earns depth with every secons: first it is more discrete, then fruitier and finally its beautiful minerality comes out. It is a wine that can be kept for several years and can be drank on great occasions, with new signature cuisine dishes or, if you prefere, simpler, like a halibut with almond sauce. Pure beauty turned into champagne.
|Type Of Wine:||sparkling wine|
|Vintage:||2004 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Champagne (Champagne, France)|
|Grapes:||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir|
|Type Of Sparkling:||Brut|
Description of 2004 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame
2004 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir)
- View: pale golden coat with hints of jade color. The wine is crystalline and bubbles of incredible finesse.
- Nose: the nobility of Chardonnay is evident thanks to a floral and mineral record (acacia, ferns, chalk). Fragrances of candied fruit (citrus, apricot, quince) and sweet almond
- Mouth: aromas nose again. Elegant, fine. Fresh and generous finish.
DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN: Champagne
VINEYARD: Veuve Clicquot
GRAPES: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir,
MATCHING WINE: creative cuisine, creamy rice, white fish with mild sauces, citrus desserts.
Alcohol content: 12.5
How to serve
Who was the first to think of using the old quarries to stock champagne bottles? Although it is difficult to say, Veuve Clicquot did take advantage of the opportunity to increase cellaring space for its wines. In 1909, the House bought some magnificent chalk cellars, located on the Saint-Nicaise hills, which today enjoy new life as ageing cellars.More about the Winery
Reviews of 2004 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame
- On the first nose, typical Chardonnay characteristics come to the fore, with the arrival of floral and mineral aromas (acacia, ferns, chalk). By agitating the wine, scents of candied fruit (citrus fruits, apricots, quince) and sweet almond emerge, to reappear later in the mouth. After rotating the wine for a few minutes more, rare notes such as peaty malt, tobacco and delicate herbs, are gradually unveiled.
- This aromatic, impressively complex bouquet is confirmed in the mouth.
- On the palate, the wine is clear-cut and pure, perfectly balanced with a delightful silky smoothness.