Martell Cognac (Cognac)
Product not available in United States
$159.96 + $5.69 Shipping (48h - 3 days)
Shipping: GrauOnline (Spain)
$ You will receive 1.85 points for each unit bought
Maison was founded in 1715 by Jean Martell and is the oldest of the high-quality Cognac brands. The Martell X.O. comes from grapes grown in the Grande Champagne region, in a terroir that gives the fruit all its minerality and refinement. Aging in oak barrels only reinforces the aromas of this cognac and leads to a product of character and style.
This style is reflected in the original vaulted o bottle, which reflects all the charisma that has characterised Martell for over three centuries.
Did you know that this is the cognac served on the Orient-Express? Try it pure, diluted with ice cubes or a little water.
Technical sheet · Martell X.O.
|Volume:||70cl Other volumes|
2010 Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
2012 Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
2013 Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
2016 Outstanting Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
Description · Martell Cognac
TASTING NOTES OF Martell X.O. :
- View: golden amber with mahogany and dark copper highlights.
- Nose: spicy and spicy scent, notes of black and pink peppers, coriander, fig, walnut and sandalwood.
- Palate: Notes of fig, red fruits and blackcurrant bud. Represents the power and finesse of Grande Champagne eaux-de-vie, and then gives way to a particularly long and robust final note.
Production: X.O. is the ageing mention indicating that the youngest eau-de-vie used in the blend is at least six years old.
Martell has always used fine-grained oak barrels that release sweet and balanced aromas and transmit vanilla, dried fruit, red fruit, chutney and dried flower aromas to cognac eaux-de-vie.
Under the auspices of the Martell family since 1715, Martell, the oldest of the great cognac houses, uses its know-how to create cognacs that have been known and appreciated for three centuries.
Buy Martell Cognac Spirits:
Highlighted review about Martell X.O.
Posted on 19/01/19 at 04.38
More reviews about Martell X.O.
Posted on 28/07/17 at 10.59
- Its unique blend embodying the true essence and the creativity of the Martell style, and its luxury packaging and architectural design, make it the perfect expression for individuals seeking to build and leave a mark in history, to create their own sophisticated and inspired world.
- Marrying the fresh, fruity notes of eaux-de-vie from the Borderies with the nutty spicy notes of lengthily matured eaux-de-vie from the Grande Champagne.
- Colour: a deep topaz, amber, radiant with nice shining reflections.
- Nose: primary notes evoking ginger bread and dry fruits, soon complimented by the refreshing aroma of orange marmalade, lemon zests and orange tree flower, culminating in a subtle finale of nice rancio notes, with a mix of walnut stain, curry paste and cedar wood.
- Taste: a soft and silky feeling releasing the mellowness of this first instance and reinforcing the smoothness of the sophisticated blending.
- This initial mellowness is then intensified by an incredible length in mouth, bringing the flavours into full bloom.
- Rare, exclusive and reserved for connoisseurs are just a few of the many adjectives preceding Martell Extra's brand history which was created at the beginning of the 19th century. Today, Martell Extra reveals itself under the signature Martell Creation Grand Extra, as a testimony to the creative spirit of Jean Martell.
- Martell Cellar Master, Bruno Lemoine, perpetuates Martell creativity with the superb blending of Martell Creation Grand Extra. Sophisticated yet straightforward, it is a true reflection of the asserted personality drawn by eaux-de-vie carefully selected in our Creation Cellar.
- Martell Creation also pays tribute to the bottle designer, Serge Mansau, who was instrumental in bringing the triple-arch shaped design with architectural inspiration. Resolutely contemporary, this decanter is a fusion of harmonious, pure lines and richly-crafted decoration, the natural expression of Martell's heritage and creativity.
Posted on 11/02/19 at 13.16
- Color: copper, gold I amber, mahogany reflections.
- Flavour: aromas of ground spices: black pepper, coriander, pink pepper, a fruity aroma of almonds, walnuts and fig compote, honey and sandalwood, soft and sweet notes.
- Taste: round and fruity flavor with notes on the palate, followed by the characteristic strength and finesse of Grande Champagne eaux-de-vie. A silky lingering finish.
PRODUCER: Martell Cognac
Posted on 19/05/15 at 05.17