The Saint Clair Wairau Reserve Sauvignon Blanc is a white wine made by Saint Clair from the region of Marlborough with sauvignon blanc grapes. According to Drinks&Co users, this white wine earns 4 out of 5 points.
“TASTING NOTES:View: pale straw.Nose: spicy and rich aroma of tropical gooseberry with hints of passion fruit and green nettle.Mouth: generous and intense with concentrated flavors of white peach, passion fruit and fresh grapefruit taste. A light herbal touch and salty minerality leading to a long finish.APPELLATION: Marlborough, New Zealand.VINEYARD: Saint Clair Family Estate.GRAPES: Sauvignon Blanc.PREPARATION: the juice is pressed immediately to minimize skin contact and deterioration of the juice after harvest. After settling, the juice is fermented in stainless steel using a yeast strain selected. The fermentation is conducted at cool temperatures to retain the varietal characteristics and freshness.PAIRING: combines beautifully with oysters or mussels freshly shredded.RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 7 - 9 ° CALCOHOL: 13%”
“An elegant Marlborough but with a very deep dense colour. Perfume of white flowers: jasmine, lilies ....It is slightly acidic, with a little bitter touch at the end.
Very good with marinated sardines.
I drank it with my best friend.”
“TASTING NOTES OF 2015 Saint Clair Estate Wairau Reserve Sauvignon Blanc:
- View: pale gold and green hues.
- Nose: a tremendously powerful wine with intense aromas of passion fruit some, grapefruit, great intensity and freshness.
- Mouth: rich, strong, balanced acidity with powerful fresh fruit, blackcurrant and grapefruit, complexity and depth to the palate, a long, lingering finish. -
VINEYARD: Saint Clair
GRAPES: Sauvignon Blanc.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12.5%”
“I discovered this wine with my best friend.
Attractive and intense colour. I am no expert on flowers, but Saint Clair Estate Wairau Reserve Sauvignon Blanc reminded me daffodil. The Marlborough tasted like wild berries.
A 2013 is perfect with boiled shrimp.”
- View: 2012 Saint Clair Estate Wairau Reserve Sauvignon Blanc has a pale golden color with green hues.
- Nose: powerful nose with intense spicy aromas of currants, passion fruit and grapefruit.
- Palate: The palate is rich and complex, balanced acidity, passion fruit, blackcurrant and grapefruit. A mineral component adds some complexity and depth for a long and persistent finish.
PAIRING: Seafood, rice and all kinds of fish, pasta and creams, soft cheeses and cold meats.
GRAPES: Sauvignon Blanc
WINERY: Saint Clair”
Buying wine, champagne, beer and spirits online is easy at Drinks&Co: discover the best drinks from the best wineries and distilleries, and choose from the top wine and other beverages stores on the internet.