Elaboration of 2012 Catena Malbec
2012 Catena Malbec (Malbec)
- View: 2012 Catena Malbec has a deep violet color.
- Nose: Deep aromas of black and red fruits are joined by delicate notes of violets and lavender with traces of vanilla and mocha.
- Mouth: A rich mouthfeel qque characterized by concentrated flavors of blueberries and blackberries with a hint of sweet spice and leather. The wine finishes with bright acidity well integrated, silky tannins and flint minerality lingers on the palate
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
CELLAR: WINERY Catena Zapata
In 1994, Nicolas and his team were confident they had identified the best lots for growing Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec. First, Jose Galante, winemaker since 1975, bottling a small cut grapes from the oldest and most uniform batches of Uxmal vineyard (which later was called because of its location Agrelo vineyard in the district of Agrelo). 300 cases were divided wine Catena Alta Cabernet Sauvignon.More about the Winery
Reviews of 2012 Catena Malbec
Catena Malbec 2017
- View: deep violet, purple reflections.
- Nose: deep aromas, ripe and dark red fruits, delicate notes of violet and lavender, traces of vanilla and mocha.
- Mouth: rich and concentrated feeling, flavors of blueberries and blackberries, a touch of leather and cinnamon, well integrated tannins, bright acidity and a slight minerality, exceptional length to the finish.
VINEYARD: Vineyards from different parts of Mendoza as Lunlunta, Agrelo, Altamira Brush and Gualtallary.
AGEING: Aged for 12 months in French oak barrels (70%), 20% of which, new, and American (30%), new all.
PREPARATION: fermented in stainless steel tanks.
PAIRING: grilled provoletta, vacuum and Argentinean grilled meat pies.
TEMPERATURE: 16-18 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
We had it with a tart.
I was lucky enough to try it with a client.