Elaboration of 2015 Markus Molitor Schiefersteil Riesling Trocken
2015 Markus Molitor Schiefersteil Riesling Trocken (Riesling)
TASTING NOTES OF 2015 Markus Molitor Schiefersteil Riesling Trocken:
- View: Golden radiant, bright reflections.
- Nose: Light, fresh, flinty slate, lemon, ripe apple.
- Mouth: juicy, dry and spicy, with a good grip and a vibrant freshness, straight, pure but intense and salty.
VINEYARD: Markus Molitor
PAIRING: grilled trout, asparagus.
TEMPERATURE: 8 to 12 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12%
The winery Markus Molitor spreads on several terroirs from Brauneberg over Traben-Trarbach up to the river, Saar. Nearly as old as the winery itself, there are up to more than 100-year-old vines growing on unique steep slopes with a declination of up to 80%. For each grape variety, the vintner cultivates, Markus Molitor chooses the perfectly apt vineyard. To his grape varieties count the Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris, but mainly the Riesling.More about the Winery
Reviews of 2015 Markus Molitor Schiefersteil Riesling Trocken
I especially liked the colour. Curious aromas of citrus. One of the lightest Markus Molitor that I know.
I recommend it with marinated sardines.
Markus Molitor Riesling Schiefersteil 2014
- View: gold, bright reflections.
- Nose: lush scent of slate, flint, apricots, passion fruit, peach and lemon.
- Mouth: beautifully animated juicy, spicy a deep misty game between acid and sweetness and a glossy finish.
WINE PAIRING: fish, fresh salads.
TEMPERATURE: 8-10 °C