• Ship to:

Wine of Oregon

View all products in Wine of Oregon

This denomination of origin has managed to achieve a very high international reputation. Formed by different regions, all of them are very suitable for growing grapes. It borders on the states of Washington and Idaho. Its main regions are Willamette Valley AVA and Southern Oregon AVA, as the two most important ones, and a third region called Columbia Gorge AVA.

As in other states, their wines are produced with varietal grapes. It has over 40 types of strains, which produce a wide range of wines. Varietal wines account for up to 90% of its wine production, the other 10% comes from the fusion of other varieties, a practice used by wineries in order to achieve unique flavors in their wines. Among the strains we can find varieties of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Lemberger, Grenache, Alla, Nebiollo of Italian origin and its most important variety, Pinot Noir, and the area is considered to be one of the largest producers of this variety.

In 2005, Oregon had 303 wineries and it has a cultivated surface of 14,100 square miles.

Buy Oregon Wines online.

See more

Wine Of Oregon: sparkling

see all

Wine Of Oregon: rosé

see all

Wine Of Oregon: Robert Parker score