2013 Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año
Vega Sicilia (Ribera del Duero)
Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5th Year 2013 is a great example of the high quality of Ribera del Duero wines that is achieved with the help of Bodegas Vega Sicilia. This is the winery's youngest wine, and it embodies the modern and accessible style of some of the winery's older wines; Vega Sicilia Único and Vega Sicilia Único Reserva Especial.
It is aged in wood for 3 years and in the bottle for 2, hence its name. This process is somewhat shorter than it is for other wines, and the grapes used for its production come from younger vineyards. The result is, as in each vintage, a spectacular wine, that is expressive, elegant, and powerful, and allows us to get to know a mythical winery in Spain. This wine is not meant for just any occasion, and must only be uncorked on the most special of occasions.
Technical sheet · Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2013 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Ribera del Duero (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Tempranillo, Tinto Fino, Tinta del País|
|Pairing:||AppetizersMeatRed meatGameLambGrilled meatsHam and sausagesCheesePâté or foie grasFoieHard cheeseJamon Iberico|
Description · Vega Sicilia
2013 Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año (Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Tempranillo, Tinto Fino and Tinta del País)
TASTING NOTES OF 2013 Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año:
- View: burgundy red, cardinal trim.
- Nose: gooseberries, bilberries, aromas of fine oak and nothing dominant, typical balsamic touches the soil of Vega Sicilia.
- Mouth: Silky, intense, notes of vanilla, refined and authentically end of cassis texture.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.
VINES: Bodegas Vega Sicilia
GRAPES: 95% fine Tinto 5% Merlot.
AGEING: 5 months in wood tanks 20,000 liters. Then, about 16 months in new barrels (50% American oak and 50% French oak), 4 months in semi-new casks and finally about 4 months in large wooden vats before bottling.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
Vega Sicilia winery is probably the most recognized Spanish wine-growing estate on international level. It was founded by Eloy Lecanda in 1864. During its nearly 150 years of history, the owners of the winery changed but the wines always have kept their personality: concentrated, genres and very...
Buy Vega Sicilia Wine:
Highlighted review about 2013 Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año
Posted on 08/04/19 at 09.52
Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2013
More reviews about 2013 Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año
Posted on 29/12/18 at 20.04
Valbuena Reserva 2013
Cherry colour with brown edges. Deep scent, like coffee. Caramel flavour.
Posted on 08/01/19 at 04.45
Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2013
Posted on 04/01/19 at 04.11
Valbuena Año 2013
- The main grapes for this great wine is Tempranillo (Tinto Fino), accompanied in varying proportion depending on vintages, from Merlot grape variety.
- It has been aged about 5 years hence comes the name, between wood (French and American oak) and bottle.
- The Vega Sicilia estate consists of almost 1000 hectares, of which 210 are allocated to the vineyard.
- In these three different grape varieties they are grown: Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- Of these 210 hectares of vines, 140 are used for the preparation of Valbuena and unique.
- The rest goes to the development of Alión.
- In Vega Sicilia working with vineyards reaching an average age of 35 years, with ten being the minimum age.
- Vega Sicilia winery is respectful with the natural environment that surrounds it.
- For example, ground disinfection prior to planting new plants is completely natural, rather use any artificial product.
- Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5th Year is a red wine reserve represents the most modern line of the cellar with its own style.
- Tasting Notes Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5th Year: Full view shows a beautiful burgundy color with slightly violet edges.
- Nose discovered powerful aromas of red fruit, mixed with aromas from the wood and balsamic notes.
- The palate is powerful long-distance and unctuous, with very ripe tannins.
- You should drink Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año with red meats, braised meats or stewed meats.
- It is also good partner of dishes based on vegetables.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2012
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2010
Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2010 - grandioso vino
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2009