2016 Château Fombrauge
Château Fombrauge (Saint-Emilion)
Product not available in United States
$40.48 + $10.29 Shipping (4 - 11 days)
Shipping: Les Caves (France)
$ You will receive 0.47 points for each unit bought
Delivery time is estimated:
- This product has an additional expedition time of 11 days.
Technical sheet · Château Fombrauge
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Merlot (90%), Cabernet Franc (9%)|
Description · Château Fombrauge
2016 Château Fombrauge (Merlot and Cabernet Franc)
TASTING NOTES OF 2016 Château Fombrauge:
- View: Château Fombrauge 2016 exhibits a dark plum maroon
- Nose: with seductive aromas of red and black fruit, damp earth, charcoal and roasted herbs.
- Boca: Boca fresh, tasty, very elegant. Not a monster power, but pleasant and easy to drink
GRAPES: Merlot 77%, 9% and 14% Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc.
WINERY: Château Fombrauge
"A Saint-Emilion Grand Cru requires a lot of passion and massive care and attention if you want to create a great vintage each year. My friends refer to Château Fombrauge as the "Great Saint-Emilion"." Bernard Magrez - Owner
Buy Château Fombrauge Wine:
More reviews about 2016 Château Fombrauge
Posted on 05/11/18 at 16.00
Château Fombrauge 2016
- View: dark purple, violet reflections.
- Nose: Attractive aromas of blackberry, raspberry and stone cold.
- Mouth: medium-bodied, with fine linear but fresh tannin, an adherent and slightly tarry finish.
GRAPES: Merlot 93%, Cabernet Sauvignon 7%.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Château Fombrauge 2013
Drink or keep: 2016-2019
PAIRING: Pigeon fillet, red wine sauce
Reviews about Château Fombrauge 2005
Reviews about Château Fombrauge 2017
Fombrauge Saint-Emilion 2017
This red one was lighter that I had expected. Fantastic berry aromas. I enjoyed it quite long after the last sip.
I recommend to taste it with prosciutto.