2017 Château Fombrauge
Château Fombrauge (Saint-Emilion)
Product not available in United States
$32.20 + $13.80 Shipping (48h - 4 days)
Shipping: Vintage and Co (France)
$ You will receive 0.37 points for each unit bought
Technical sheet · Château Fombrauge
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2017 Other vintages|
|Grapes:||Merlot (90%), Cabernet Franc (9%)|
Description · Château Fombrauge
2017 Château Fombrauge (Merlot and Cabernet Franc)
- View: color purple to deep maroon.
- Nose: expressive notes of red and black currants and strands of lilacs and wood smoke.
- Mouth: The palate is medium bodied with fine-grained frame freshness backbone that supports elegant fruit, ending in a persistent earthiness.
VINEYARD: Château Fombrauge
GRAPES: Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon.
AGING: Aged for 18 months in new and used French oak barrels.
PREPARATION: Selection table before and after de-stemming. Prefermentación 4 to 8 days at 8 ° C.
WINE PAIRING: perfectly accompanies red meat dishes, pastas, ripe cheeses.
RIGHT SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 ° C
"A Saint-Emilion Grand Cru requires a lot of passion and massive care and attention if you want to create a great vintage each year. My friends refer to Château Fombrauge as the "Great Saint-Emilion"." Bernard Magrez - Owner
Buy Château Fombrauge Wine:
More reviews about 2017 Château Fombrauge
Posted on 22/11/19 at 20.05
Magrez Fombrauge Saint-Emilion 2017
The best one to enjoy it with a good "Serrano ham".
A special red wine for someone just as special .
Posted on 11/09/19 at 20.05
Fombrauge Saint-Emilion 2017
This red one was lighter that I had expected. Fantastic berry aromas. I enjoyed it quite long after the last sip.
I recommend to taste it with prosciutto.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Château Fombrauge 2013
Drink or keep: 2016-2019
PAIRING: Pigeon fillet, red wine sauce
Reviews about Château Fombrauge 2005
Reviews about Château Fombrauge 2016
- View: dark purple, violet reflections.
- Nose: Attractive aromas of blackberry, raspberry and stone cold.
- Mouth: medium-bodied, with fine linear but fresh tannin, an adherent and slightly tarry finish.
GRAPES: Merlot 93%, Cabernet Sauvignon 7%.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%