Sercial 10 Years Blandy's 50cl
Blandy's Madeira (Sercial)
Product not available in United States
$31.22 + $4.60 Shipping (6 - 11 days)
Shipping: Portugal Vineyards (Portugal)
$ You will receive 0.36 points for each unit bought
Technical sheet · Sercial 10 Years Blandy's
|Type Of Wine:||fortified wine|
2014 - Bronze medal - Decanter World Wine Awards
2013 - Silver medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
2012 - Silver medal - Decanter World Wine Awards
2012 - Silver medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
2012 - Commended - International Wine Challenge
Description · Blandy's Madeira
Sercial 10 Years Blandy's 50cl (Sercial)
TASTING NOTES OF Sercial 10 Years Blandy's 50cl:
- View: topaz, pale and shiny, golden hue.
- Nose: fresh, aromas of nuts.
- Mouth: flavors of citrus and wood, a persistent, fresh and nut end.
WINE PAIRING: Excellent as an aperitif, spicy cheeses, nuts,
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 19%
The lodge was bought by Charles Ridpath Blandy in the mid-19th century and not only was it an extremely valuable property, but was also very useful due to the fact that it was directly connected to the family's town house. Each one of the Lodge's rooms has its own character and due to the...
Buy Blandy's Madeira Wine:
Highlighted review about Sercial 10 Years Blandy's 50cl
Posted on 17/10/18 at 11.10
Sercial 10 Years Blandy's 50cl
More reviews about Sercial 10 Years Blandy's 50cl
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Pale, bright topaz colour with a golden tinge, fresh with dry fruit, wood and citrus flavours with a fresh and nutty persistent finish.
- Winemaker: Michael Blandy and Chris Blandy
- Winemaking: Blandy's 10 year old Dry Sercial underwent fermentation off the skins with natural yeast at temperatures between 18°C - 21°C in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. After approximately 5 days, fortification with grape brandy takes place, arresting fermentation at the desired degree of sweetness. Blandy' s 10 Y ear Old Sercial was aged for 10 years in seasoned American oak casks in the traditional Canteiro' system, whereby the casks of this wine are gradually transferred from the top floors of the lodge, where it is naturally warmer, to the middle floors and eventually to the ground floor where it is cooler. During this totally natural ageing, the wine underwent regular racking before finally being bottled.
- Grape Varieties: Sercial.
- Food Pairing: Blandy's 10 year old Sercial is fined and does not require decanting. It is excellent as an aperitif but is also exceedingly good with flambe? es, dried fruits and spicy cheeses. It has been bottled when ready for drinking and will keep for several months after opening.
- Store and Serve Advices: As an aperitif serve at a temperature of 10ºC as a dessert wine serve at 16ºC.
Posted on 11/03/15 at 12.57
Tasting Notes: Pale, living topaz colour, with golden nuances. Fresh, with flavors of dried wood and citrus fruit, lingering finish, with dried fruit.
Food: Besides being excellent as an aperitif, it also combines magnificently with flambées, nuts and hard cheeses.