The Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial is a red wine from VT Castilla y León produced by Abadía Retuerta made of petit verdot, cabernet sauvignon, merlot, tempranillo and syrah grapes. The Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial is the ideal red to combine with ragout and soups and stews.
“Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2013 is a red wine V. T Castile and Leon produced from the selection of the best grapes from each of payments winery combines the richness of Tempranillo, Syrah intensity and elegance of Cabernet Sauvignon. Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2001 was awarded at the International Wine Challenge in London as the best red in the world in 2005.”
“TASTING NOTES OF 2011 Abadia Retuerta Seleccion:
- View: intense maroon coat.
- Nose: notes of ripe red and black fruit (cherries, plums), balsamic and spicy (licorice) flavor and a sweet from wood.
- Mouth: powerful, fruity, creamy and long on the palate, full-bodied tannins strong personality, very nice, long finish, its persistence. A tasty wine.
APPELLATION: VT Castilla y León.
VINEYARD: Abbey Retuerta.
GRAPES: 75% Tempranillo, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Syrah.
PAIRING: rostbeef, sirloin with foie, cured meats, stews and cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15%”
“To me a good RCP me win, and this Special Selection 2009 vintage Retuerta Abbey (one of my favorite wineries) is excellent. So: to enjoy (s) cup (s) of this great wine from Castilla y León. God Bless You! ;)”
“The Abadia Retuerta wines are recognized by the world and regular review in the most prestigious awards in international competitions, Retuerta Abbey wines continue to improve, as confirmed by the exceptional vintages of recent years.”
“Aromas of very high intensity, again the delicious red fruit, ripe and sweet black fruit also around the rear, moving the glass appears the timber but by the hand of the fruit well together, some licorice, toffee.
Flavor entered silky and dense, well-balanced, fruity and flavorful taste with a long post that fills the mouth.
The breeding has given structure and good body but without invading the essence of the fruit, I guess this should not be too easy.”
“A Abadia Retuerta Seleccion Especial that was served as dessert of a good meal. I found it at a wine tasting.
The Abadia Retuerta Seleccion Especial has a red cherry colour. Chocolate aromas. This red has good body.”
“I had it with fish, but I didn't like the fish, and therefore the wine didn't taste right. I had it with my friends.
A beautiful vivid colour. Deep scent, like coffee. It is the softest wine of Ribera del Duero.”
- Excellent color intensity denoting his youth.
- Picota garnet.
- Perfumed, fine, frank.
- Black and candied red fruit (blueberries, blackberries, plums and cherries, strawberries, raspberries).
- Very mineral and balsamic, representative of the terroir of the Douro, with floral notes (violets, lilacs).
- Very spicy, with notes of nutmeg and subtle apexes of cloves and bay leaf on a background of chocolate, toffee and licorice candy.
- Sign palate, fresh, tasty and quilibrado.
- noble, very persistent and long tannins, is a wine of strong character, without losing harmony.”